Andrew joined the firm in 1992 and has been practicing as a solicitor since 1996. His main areas of practice are commercial litigation and alternative dispute resolution, including building and construction litigation, and insolvency.
Clients for whom Andrew has acted include insolvency practitioners, financial institutions, manufacturers, insurers, industry associations, builders and public sector and semi-public sector organisations.
He has also acted for a public sector organisation in the successful defence of one of the first protected disclosure prosecutions.
Andrew regularly appears as an advocate before various courts and tribunals. He conducts litigation in the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court, District Court and Dust Diseases Tribunal.
Andrew is able to advise on all aspects of insolvency administrations.
Andrew has a particular interest in informal negotiation and has completed an advanced negotiation skills course.
Andrew's current main areas of practice include:
- general commercial litigation
- product liability litigation
- building and construction litigation
- advising insolvency practitioners on insolvency issues and potential claims and interests of insolvent companies
- advising creditors in respect of debts owed to them by insolvent entities and in defence of claims by liquidators and trustees in bankruptcy for preferential payments.
Andrew also has experience in industrial and employment law and commercial transactions.
Andrew's email address is firstname.lastname@example.org