Andrew joined the firm in 1992 and has been practicing as a solicitor since 1996. His main areas of practice are industrial and employment law, commercial litigation and alternative dispute resolution, including building and construction litigation, and insolvency.
Andrew has acted for a range of clients, including employers and employees, insolvency practitioners, financial institutions, manufacturers, insurers, public sector and semi-public sector organisations, industry associations and builders.
He has also acted for a public sector organisation in the successful defence of one of the first protected disclosure (Whistleblower) prosecutions.
Andrew regularly appears as an advocate before various courts and tribunals. He conducts litigation in the Federal Court, Court of Appeal, Supreme Court, District Court, NCAT and Dust Diseases Tribunal.
Andrew has a particular interest in informal negotiation and has completed an advanced negotiation skills course.
Andrew's current main areas of practice include:
- industrial and employment law
- general commercial litigation
- building and construction litigation
- product liability litigation
- advising insolvency practitioners on insolvency issues and potential claims and interests of insolvent companies
- advising creditors in respect of debts owed to them by insolvent entities and in defence of claims by liquidators and trustees in bankruptcy for preferential payments.
Andrew also has experience in commercial transactions.
Andrew's email address is firstname.lastname@example.org